The LL.M. programs in English are open to law school graduates holding an LL.B. or J.D. degree who have a good command of English. Candidates are selected on the basis of their law school grades, letters of recommendation and past academic work.
Knowledge of English: Candidates who did not previously study at an educational institution in which the sole language of instruction is English must submit official TOEFL scores or the equivalent. The minimum TOEFL score required is 573 on the paper-based test, 230 on the computer-based test, or 89 on the internet-based test. Applicants who have completed a full course of study at an institution where the sole language of instruction is English, or who completed a degree program in English Language and/or Literature, are exempt from submitting English proficiency scores.
Application period: January 1 – May 15, 2016
Application for the program is done online and decisions will only be finalized after all required documents have been received. The admissions decision-making process takes approximately three weeks after all documentation is received by the Division of Graduate Studies.
Required documents to be submitted with the application:
- Official Academic Records (transcripts, diplomas, etc.), either originals or notarized copies, must be sent directly from the relevant division/department/program. Faxes are not accepted for this purpose. Documents can be verified by bringing the original and a photocopy to the RIS office. If the name on the academic records differs from the name on the application form, please submit official documentation authenticating the name change.
- Two academic letters of recommendation from faculty members who have first-hand knowledge of your academic abilities
- Statement of Purpose - Students must submit a succinct statement of 300-500 words concerning their past work and preparation related to their intended field of study, their academic plans for graduate study at the Hebrew University, and their subsequent career objectives.
- Passport photocopy of inside page - Upload one photo to your online application.
- Curriculum Vitae detailing academic honours, published materials, extracurricular or community activities, foreign study and recent employment experience.
- Medical Certificate completed and signed by a physician (included in application download)
- Academic Paper (Seminar paper/course paper or any other published paper) written in English
- Letters of reference (included in application download)
- Official TOEFL Scores for all students who have not previously studied at an institution of higher education where the sole language of instruction is English. (The school code for the TOEFL test is 0206.) The minimum TOEFL score required is 600 on the paper based test, 250 on the computer-based test or 89 on the internet- based test.
- Israeli Identity Card (Teudat Zehut) photocopy, if applicable